Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan
    • Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash
    • Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill
    • 100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support
    • Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue
    • House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill
    • Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract
    • Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Benzema signs 3-year deal with Al-Ittihad

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJune 6, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Real Madrid's Karim Benzema after winning the Ballon d'Or
    Real Madrid's Karim Benzema won his first Ballon d'Or last year
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Real Madrid’s Ballon d’Or winner Karim Benzema has agreed to a three-year contract with Saudi Arabia’s Al-Ittihad, beginning next season.

    The news comes only days after Real Madrid confirmed that the 35-year-old will be departing the club after 14 seasons, and just one day after coach Carlo Ancelotti stated that there was “no doubt” Benzema’s future lay in Madrid.

    “Benzema has signed a three-year contract with Al-Ittihad starting next season,” a Saudi club source informed reporters.

    If the move is confirmed, Benzema will join his former Real Madrid teammate Cristiano Ronaldo in the Gulf kingdom after the five-time world player of the year moved to Al Nassr from Manchester United following last year’s World Cup.

    Senior officials from another Saudi Arabian club, Al Hilal, have flown to France to try and seal a deal for Messi after the 35-year-old Argentinian played his last game for PSG at the weekend, two sources with knowledge of the matter told newsmen on Sunday.

    • Benzema leaves Real Madrid after 14 years

    The Saudi delegation plans to meet Messi’s father and agent, Jorge, with the aim of completing the signing as soon as possible.

    Benzema joined Madrid in 2009 from Ligue 1 side Lyon.

    He made 648 appearances for Madrid and is second on Real’s all-time goalscoring list with 354 — only Ronaldo has more.

    He has won five Champions Leagues, four La Liga titles, and three Copas del Rey with Madrid.

    But after a stellar 2021–22 season when he led Real to Champions League glory and was rewarded with the Ballon d’Or, he was troubled by injuries in the just-completed season and had to miss France’s World Cup campaign in Qatar last year with a thigh problem.

    Saudi Arabia has drawn up a list of “more than 10” players who have won either the Champions League or the World Cup that it wants to lure to its league, a source close to the negotiations has told newsmen.

    The list includes Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modric, Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, and his France teammate N’Golo Kante. All are at the tail end of their careers.

    The world’s biggest oil producer has ambitions to host the World Cup in 2030 or 2034 and is betting on sport to help revamp its austere image, which has earned accusations from rights groups that it is “sportswashing”.

    Real are holding a ceremony on Tuesday to say goodbye to Benzema.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    Saka, Rice seal Arsenal win over West Ham to go top 

    Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    February 17, 2026
    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.

    Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.