Author: Vincent Osuwo

The Nigeria Police Force National Cybercrime Centre has apprehended a mother and her daughter over their alleged involvement in a romance scam that reportedly defrauded a Malta-based victim of more than N18m.

The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 25-year-old woman, Maryam Muhammad, for kidnapping her friend’s four-year-old son, Abdulmumini Surajo, and demanding a N5m ransom from his family. A security analyst, Zagazola Makama, in a statement on X on Monday, disclosed that the boy was declared missing on November 26, 2025. He mentioned that shortly after the child disappeared, his father received a call from an unknown female voice insisting on a N5m payment for his release. According to him, police operatives, who launched a manhunt, traced the number to Muhammad. He wrote, “The victim, Abdulmumini Surajo, went missing on…

Read More
EFCC unfreezes Osun accounts after Tinubu’s directive

Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has formally resigned from the Peoples Democratic Party, citing ongoing leadership upheaval at the national level. Adeleke revealed in an Instagram post late Monday night that he tendered his resignation to party leaders in Sagba Abogunde, Ward 2, Ede North Local Government, on November 4, 2025. He stated, “Due to the ongoing crisis within the leadership of the People’s Democratic Party (#OfficialPDPNig) at the national level, I officially conveyed my resignation letter as a member to the party leadership in Sagba Abogunde, Ward 2, Ede North Local Government, on November 4, 2025. “I thank the…

Read More
Nigeria grants Fernando Dias, Guinea-Bissau opposition leader asylum

The Nigerian embassy in Guinea-Bissau has granted asylum to Fernando Dias da Costa, the country’s opposition presidential candidate, in response to alleged threats to his life following last week’s military coup. Military officers proclaimed the coup on Wednesday, only days after Guinea-Bissau’s presidential election, in which both incumbent President Umaro Embaló and his primary challenger, da Costa, declared victory before the official results were released. Nigeria criticized the seizure and called for a swift return to constitutional order. In a letter to the President of the Economic Community of West African States Commission, Omar Touray, dated November 30, Foreign Affairs…

Read More
Manchester United are hopeful of concluding a deal for Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana.

The Cameroon national football team has excluded two of its most experienced stars, André Onana and Vincent Aboubakar, from the final squad announced for the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2025. According to a post by Fabrizio Romano on Monday, “André Onana and Vincent Aboubakar have been left out of the Cameroon squad for the AFCON.” The decision represents a significant shakeup for the Indomitable Lions ahead of one of Africa’s most important football competitions. Onana, a goalkeeper, has played at top European clubs, and Aboubakar is the veteran forward and long-serving captain of the Indomitable Lions. The squad…

Read More
Bandits abduct 39 residents on reconciliation mission in Zamfara

The father of the bride, who was kidnapped with her friends in Chacho village, Wurno Local Government Area, Sokoto State, claims the abductors contacted the community two days after the incident. Malam Umaru Chacho, the bride’s father, said on Monday that the suspected terrorists who raided the village and abducted 13 people—11 women and two men—called the families but did not demand a ransom. “Yes, they have contacted us. When they called, they said we should connect them with the traditional ruler of the town, but we refused. We asked them to speak with us instead, but they declined, insisting…

Read More
Daily killings in Nigeria unmatched anywhere, says Bishop Kukah

Nigerians have berated Bishop Mathew Kukah, the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese and Convener of the National Peace Committee (NPC), over his recent remarks debunking genocide against Christians in Nigeria. Speaking on the insecurity bedeviling the country, the renowned Catholic Bishop, popular for being vociferous on issues affecting the polity, mentioned that the killings of Christians in Nigeria does not amount to genocide. “Genocide is not based on the number of people killed,” he said.  ”You can kill 10 million people and it still won’t amount to genocide,” he added. His statement in full reads, “They are saying that 1,200…

Read More
Soldiers killed by Lakurawa terrorists in Kebbi

The abducted monarch, Ojibara of Bayagan in the Ifelodun local government area of Kwara State, Alh Kamilu Salami, and six others have escaped from the den of the bandits. Credible sources from the community disclosed on Sunday evening that the monarch and six other abductees from the neighboring community were able to escape following a vicious attack launched on the bandits by the vigilantes who flooded the forests. The source said, “the vigilante team launched an attack on the bandits deep in the forests and engaged them in a fierce battle around the Eku Idaji area, close to Igbaja. “Although…

Read More
Police restore order after reprisal attack in Kogi

The Federal Capital Territory Police Command prevented a planned attack by a prominent kidnapping syndicate, killing three suspected bandits and recovering rifles and ammunition during the operation. According to a statement issued on Monday by the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, SP Josephine Adeh, the breakthrough came after recent kidnappings in the ACO community, Gwagwalada, and Bwari, prompting the Commissioner of Police to direct the Anti-Kidnapping Unit to step up efforts to dismantle the gang. Adeh stated that credible intelligence suggested that the syndicate had planned another violent attack on or before December 1, 2025, with the goal of kidnapping…

Read More
Northern Christians back Catholic bishops, rebukes Bwala

The Presidency has urged Nigerians to actively monitor compliance with President Bola Tinubu’s directive to withdraw police escorts for VIPs. The President’s Special Adviser on Media and Public Communication, Daniel Bwala, made the call during an interview with TVC on Sunday, when he emphasized the administration’s commitment to following the order and urged citizens to report any violations. “If you identify a celebrity, a private sector person, or any individual who has police against the executive order of the president, as much as you can, capture evidence, whether a photograph or video,” Bwala said. The Special Adviser underlined that the…

Read More
Tinubu promises to revive unfunctional refineries

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the “reprehensible and scandalous” list of ambassadorial nominees submitted by President Bola Tinubu. Chronicle NG reports that the President sent the names of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for confirmation, days after submitting the first batch of three names. Among the nominees are a former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu; former presidential aide, Reno Omokri; former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode; former Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi; and others. According to a statement signed by the PDP’s National Publicity Secretary, Ini Ememobong, on Saturday, the list comprises those seen…

Read More