- 100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support
- Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue
- House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill
- Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract
- Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
- Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok
- ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering
- NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach
Author: Michael Right
Scammers have stolen $100 million in cryptocurrency from Binance, the world’s biggest exchange for cryptoassets, the firm said on Friday. Company chief Changpeng Zhao wrote on Twitter that “an exploit” in the system led to extra production of the exchange’s dedicated currency, adding: “The current impact estimate is around $100m.” “The issue is contained now. Your funds are safe. We apologise for the inconvenience and will provide further updates accordingly,” he wrote. It is among the biggest thefts in cryptocurrency history, although it is still dwarfed by the mammoth heist of more than $500 million from the Axie Infinity blockchain…
The Labour Party presidential candidate, Mr Peter Obi has released his manifesto for the forthcoming general elections. Title: Prospects Of Transformative Governance In Nigeria We will offer a new brand of transformative and purposeful leadership. The overall goal of my administration shall be to streamline governance, make it more responsive, transformative, effective, less transactional, and therefore efficient and cost-effective. Thinking through 2023 and beyond, we must think seriously about a leadership that is imbued with competence, capacity, credibility and commitment. Accordingly, we will pursue intangible assets of good governance, rule of law, security of lives and properties; We will ensure that…
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja has ordered the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to call off its strike and resume work immediately. At the court session on Friday, the appellate court said ASUU should obey the order of an industrial court which directed the suspension of the strike before seeking to appeal the judgment. ASUU has been on strike since February 14 to press home the demand for improved funding for universities, and a review of salaries for lecturers, among other issues. After several meetings to resolve the strike ended inconclusively, the federal government proceeded to the national…
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday presented before the two chambers of the National Assembly, a record N20.51 trillion proposed budget for the 2023 financial year. The N20.51 trillion budget which is the highest so far in the nation’s history, is the last to be presented by the president before his tenure elapses. According to the president, this 8th financial blueprint of his administration is tagged the budget of Fiscal Sustainability and transition. Buhari while addressing members of the parliament noted that the 2023 transition budget was designed to address critical issues and lay a solid foundation for the incoming administration.…
A famous Kenyan socialite has announced that she has reversed her butt enhancement surgery, by posting a picture on Instagram with a visibly smaller figure. Vera Sidika, who is well-known for previously having a large derriere, said she had experienced health complications from having the enhanced butt: “I’m lucky to be alive,” she posted on her Instagram account. It has sparked discussions online, with some people making fun of it, and others saying that you should not try and artificially enhance your looks: “Vera Sidika will serve as a perfect example of what happens when you attempt to hijack the laws of…
Researchers in Uganda say the Ebola virus circulating in the country has mutated. Prof Pontiano Kaleebu of the Uganda Virus Research Institute says there is however no evidence that it is any more transmissible than the original strain. They analysed samples from the first known case to be tested during the current outbreak which has now spread to five districts in Central Uganda. So far, 44 cases have been reported and 10 people have died from the disease. WHO declares end to second Ebola outbreak in Guinea Researchers tracking its spread say the genetic makeup of the virus looks similar…
A trader, Wasiu Oduwole, has demanded justice after a traditional ruler, Nureni Oduwaye, allegedly kicked his eye at the Moore Blessing Hotel, Ikenne, in the Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun State. The victim claimed he could no longer see with the eye. According to PUNCH Oduwaye perpetrated the act after allegedly accusing Wasiu of dancing with his queen during a birthday celebration at the hotel. The monarch, his queen, alongside other guests, were said to have been invited by the celebrant, identified simply as Iya Alaje. Before the celebration commenced, Wasiu told correspondents that the owner of the hotel,…
A 60-year-old man, Dayyabu Madaki has been found guilty of defiling a 9-year-old girl and handed a life sentence by the Jigawa State High Court in Dutse. The defendant was previously charged in court after it was claimed that he lured the girl to his house in the Jahun Local Government village of Doro and forcefully had his way with her there. According to section 282(1)(e) of the Penal Code Law of Jigawa State 2012 and punishable under Section 3 of the Penal Code, rape is a crime. This was stated by the presiding judge, Justice A.M. Sambo. The defendant…
One Mrs Bisola Olugbade has recounted her ordeal in the hand of her husband, Saheed Olugbade, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP. 48-year-old Bisola said she’s been facing series of violence from her husband who’s attached to Transport Section, Iyaganku Police Headquarters, Ibadan. Mrs Olugbade, who resides at Owodun Street, Elewure, Akala Way in Oluyole Local Government area of Oyo State, while narrating her ordeal to Vanguard in Ibadan, said her husband has been assaulting and molesting her since she got married to him 21 years ago. She said: “I got married in 2001, and my marriage has produced four children…
Galatasaray want to sign Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, from Manchester United in January. (Fotomac – in Turkish) Bayern Munich chief executive Oliver Kahn says the Bundesliga giants considered a move for Ronaldo in the summer. (Bild, via Mail) Wolves are expected to hold talks with Julen Lopetegui this weekend, following the former Spain manager’s sacking as Sevilla head coach. (Sky Sports) France midfielder N’Golo Kante, 31, believes Chelsea do not want to offer him a contract extension, with his current deal due to expire next summer. (Footmercato – in French) Arsenal are interested in Porto and Iran’s 30-year-old forward Mehdi Taremi. (A Bola, via TEAMtalk) Ronaldo charged by FA over fan’s phone incident Real…












