Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    • Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee
    • Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals
    • Osinbajo demands national strategy to address IDP crisis
    • Russia threatens to ban WhatsApp
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Atiku lauds Natasha’s return to senate, says ‘voice of reason prevailed over tyranny’

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoSeptember 24, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Obidients have urged Atiku Abubakar to abandon his presidential ambition in 2027 and support Obi for the ADC presidential ticket.
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has praised the opening of Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan’s office, describing it as evidence that “the voice of reason has prevailed.”

    Natasha, who represents Kogi Central, was suspended from the Senate for six months in March.

    On Tuesday, she regained access to her National Assembly office, with supporters celebrating as she entered Suite 2.05 of the Senate Wing, which had been opened by Alabi Adedeji, Deputy Director of the Sergeant-at-Arms.

    Although the Senate is now in recess and will not reconvene until October 7, 2025, the announcement elicited strong emotions, particularly from opposition leaders.

    In a statement made on his X (Twitter), Atiku stated that Natasha’s restoration is a victory for the democratic fight.

    “It is reassuring that the voice of reason has prevailed at last with the unsealing of the office of Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan. Though the precious time denied the people of Kogi Central in the Senate can never be reclaimed, this struggle has not been in vain. It has proven, once again, that when we stand together, we can triumph over tyranny,” Atiku wrote.

    • Natasha Akpoti resumes duty at senate after six-month suspension

    • Natasha calls Akpabio a dictator, insists she has ‘no apology to tender’

    The former vice president accused the Bola Tinubu administration of political intimidation, including Natasha’s suspension, the crisis in Rivers State involving Governor Siminalayi Fubara and state lawmakers, and the use of state institutions to silence opposition voices.

    “These are not isolated acts. They are deliberate markers of the Tinubu administration’s strategy as 2027 approaches: to subvert our hard-earned democracy and compromise the will of the people at any cost,” Atiku warned.

    Furthermore, he pledged that the opposition would resist such tendencies. “On our part, we shall do everything legitimate and within the bounds of the law to protect our democracy, defend the sovereignty of the people’s mandate, and rescue our nation from the grip of authoritarianism.”

    Earlier, Natasha had appeared at the FCT High Court in a case of alleged defamation filed against her by the Federal Government before proceeding to the National Assembly, where her return to her office was marked by songs and jubilation from her supporters.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Obasanjo says El-Rufai needed to mature before leading Nigeria

    Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists

    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals

    Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    November 29, 2025
    Obasanjo says El-Rufai needed to mature before leading Nigeria

    Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists

    November 29, 2025
    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.