Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses
    • FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent
    • FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit
    • Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units
    • Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion
    • Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Adeleke suspends aide over diversion of 70 bags of rice

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 4, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Osun 2026: Adeleke joins Accord Party after dumping PDP
    Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Governor Ademola Adeleke of Osun State suspended his Senior Special Assistant, SSA, on Civil Societies, Mr. Emmanuel Adebisi, yesterday for the alleged diversion of 70 bags of rice. 

    The civil society coalition in the state, through its secretary, Mr. Olowu Emmanuel, said that the bags of rice gathered in their name were never delivered.

    Emmanuel said: “There has never been a time since the coming of this administration that anything meant for civil society was delivered. Not even palliative meant to alleviate suffering or the people of the state.”

    Emmanuel said, “There has never been a time since the coming of this administration that anything meant for civil society was delivered. Not even palliative meant to alleviate suffering or the people of the state.”

    According to reports, Adeleke’s aide was suspended for diverting rice bags collected under the premise of delivering them to the civil society coalition office.

    However, the affected aide went to his verified Facebook page and denied that he had been suspended by Adeleke.

    Adebisi said, “The claims suggesting that I, Emmanuel Adebisi, have been suspended and removed from a WhatsApp group are categorically false. I continue to serve diligently in my capacity as Senior Special Assistant to the Governor of Osun State, with an unwavering commitment to my responsibilities.

    “Any insinuation of my involvement in misconduct, particularly relating to the alleged diversion of 70 bags of rice intended for Osun Civil Societies during the Eid-el-Kabir festival, is entirely baseless and without merit and the handwork of some bitter politicians, and I challenge anyone with facts on this to bring it out.”

    However, the impacted aide went to his verified Facebook page and denied that he had been suspended.

    Adebisi said: “The claims suggesting that I, Emmanuel Adebisi, have been suspended and removed from a WhatsApp group are categorically false. I continue to serve diligently in my capacity as Senior Special Assistant to the Governor of Osun State, with an unwavering commitment to my responsibilities.

    “Any insinuation of my involvement in misconduct, particularly relating to the alleged diversion of 70 bags of rice intended for Osun Civil Societies during the Eid-el-Kabir festival, is entirely baseless and without merit and the handwork of some bitter politicians, and I challenge anyone with facts on this to bring it out.”

    However, a statement by Adeleke’s spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed, confirmed the suspension of the SSA.

    “The Governor has directed the immediate suspension of the Senior Special Assistant on Civil Societies, Mr. Emmanuel Adebisi, pending the outcome of investigations by the Chief of Staff to the State Governor, Mr. Kazeem Akinleye,”  the statement reads.

    “The Governor has directed the immediate suspension of the Senior Special Assistant on Civil Societies, Mr. Emmanuel Adebisi, pending the outcome of investigations by the Chief of Staff to the State Governor, Mr. Kazeem Akinleye,”  the statement reads.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    February 21, 2026
    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.