Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
    • Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
    • Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    • Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Abductors of Ogun monarch demand N100m

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 23, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Oba Tajudeen Omotayo, the traditional ruler of Imope town
    Oba Tajudeen Omotayo, the traditional ruler of Imope town
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The abductors of a community leader in Ogun State, Tajudeen Omotayo, have demanded a ransom of N100 million before they will release him.

    Omotayo is the leader of a community in Imope town in Ijebu-North Local Government Area of the state in south-west Nigeria.

    He was abducted by gunmen on Saturday last week while returning from a meeting held in Ijebu-Ode town in his vehicle.

    The community leader was reportedly accosted at the Oke-Eri area of Imope where the armed men pulled him out and took him away to an unknown destination.

    His vehicle was, however, abandoned on the Ijebu-Ode – Oru – Ibadan Road.

    Two days after the incident, Omotayo’s abductors were said to have reached out to his family to demand a ransom for his release.

    They reportedly requested the sum of N200 million initially before reducing the money to N100 million.

    • Kidnappers ask for N200m to free Ogun monarch

    The police authorities in the state also said the victim’s family confirmed to them that the kidnappers had demanded a ransom.

    Abimbola Oyeyemi, who is the Police Public Relations Officer in Ogun, stated that the command would not be part of the arrangement to pay a ransom for the victim’s freedom.

    Omotayo’s kidnap came barely a week after gunmen abducted two female students of the Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) in Ago-Iwoye.

    The University students were kidnapped while returning to their hall of residence located in the Olowu area in Ayetoro Campus of the institution in Yewa North Local Government Area.

    Shortly after they were abducted, Oyeyemi had said that the police launched a manhunt in conjunction with local hunters to rescue the students.

    The abductors were said to have contacted the parents of the students and demanded a sum of N50 million for their release.

    After spending two nights in the custody of their abductors, the students regained their freedom on Tuesday last week.

    While the police did not confirm the arrest of the students’ abductors, they insisted that no ransom was paid for their release.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.