Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    BREAKING: NUEE suspends strike as Abuja, others remain in darkness

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 6, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure
    Joe Ajaero, President, Nigerian Labour Congress
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) has suspended its industrial action that led to the outage of electricity in Nigeria’s capital, Abuja and other states like Nasarawa, Kaduna, Kogi, Niger and part of Edo state.

    The labour union has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the federal government on Monday evening.

    Chronicle NG reports that at the end of the meeting, the Nigerian government agreed to pay NUEE their entitlements.

    “At the end of an expansive meeting between the leadership of NUEE and relevant government institutions in the power sector over the industrial action which affected the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) franchise area regarding the unresolved dispute with the management of AEDC over unpaid entitlements,” a MoU seen by Chronicle NG read.

    • Abuja, Kaduna, Edo, others in darkness as labour down electricity

    “it was agreed as follows: Government intervened with the firm agreement to ensure the payment of outstanding entitlements of AEDC staff within 21 days counting from the date of the signing of this MOU; and based on the foregoing, the industrial action is hereby suspended.

    The MoU was signed Alex Okoh, DG of Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE); Comrade Joe Ajaero, General Secretary of National Union of Electricity Employees of Nigeria (NUEE); Sanusi Garba, chairman of Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC); Comrade Godfrey Aba, chair, FCT Council; Alex Olebe, Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment and Goddy Jeddy Agba, the Minister of State, Power.

    Chronicle NG had earlier reported that there was power outage in many states that were receiving electricity from the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company.

    Many residents have turned to generators as the power situation paralysed the affected states.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.