Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Railway Corp MD debunks report of terrorist attack on train

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 21, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Train was riddled with bullets Kaduna
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Managing Director of the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) Mr. Fidet Okhiria, has discredited reports of terrorists attack on its train transiting the Abuja-Kaduna rail corridor.

    According to Okhiria, who spoke with Daily Trust, the train was indeed destroyed, but the attack was attributed to suspected vandals .

    He added that that an investigation was underway to determine the root-cause of the problem.

    “It’s true our rail track was damaged,” he said, adding that he couldn’t confirm if its a terrorist attack.

    He said the track was destroyed by suspected vandals as vandalism of the NRC facilities have been on the increase in recent times.

    “So we have issues with the track and we are fixing it. We are working to resume train services and by today’s (Thursday) evening, we should run if possible.

    “We operated a train from Kaduna to Abuja this morning (Thursday) but we had to suspend operations due to the damaged track until we fix it” he further explained.

    Okhiria assured that the coporation was working assiduously to improve security on the corridor.

    • Sen. Shehu Sani escapes death as terrorists attack Kaduna-Abuja train

    Chronicle NG had earlier reported that a former Kaduna Central Senator, Shehu Sani escaped death on Thursday after his train was attacked by terrorists.

    Sani revealed that the Kaduna-Abuja train in which he was traveling, ran into a segment of the tracks destroyed intentionally by terrorists on Wednesday.

    According to the former lawmaker, the assailants opened fire on the engine driver and tank of the train.

    Sani disclosed this in a tweet on Thursday.

    “Yesterday, terrorists attacked the Kaduna-Abuja railway with an explosive and opened fire on the train, targeting the engine driver and the tank.

    “This morning, I was on board when our train ran over another explosive damaged rail track. It took a miracle for us to escape,” Sani tweeted.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.