Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident

    February 19, 2026
    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    US to withdraw all troops from Syria

    February 19, 2026
    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident
    • US to withdraw all troops from Syria
    • Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections
    • DSS detains El-Rufai after EFCC probe
    • Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC
    • Lagos hands over TikToker Mirabel ‘rape’ case to Ogun for investigation
    • Tinubu seeks Nigerians’ forgiveness as Ramadan, Lent begin
    • Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    $9.7m: Court strikes out Andrew Yakubu’s suit

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 28, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Former NNPC MD sues EFCC, CBN for withholding his $9.8m
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Andrew Yakubu’s human rights suit has fallen through

    The Federal High Court, Abuja, has struck out the breach of fundamental human rights suit instituted by former NNPC Group Managing Director, Andrew Yakubu against the EFCC.

    This followed an application by Mr Adeola Adedipe, Yakubu’s counsel, to withdraw the suit.

    Adedipe told the court that his application was due to the prevailing circumstances, particularly since his client had been charged to court and admitted to bail.

    “We consider it necessary to discontinue with this suit, we have served the notice on all the parties and they are not opposed to our application.”

    Mrs Rita Ogar and Mr T.A. Agbe, counsel to the EFCC and Attorney-General of the Federation, who are first and second respondents in the suit respectively did not oppose the application.

    The judge, Justice Ahmed Mohammed said since none of the parties opposed the application, the prayer was granted as prayed and he struck out the suit.

    Yakubu had been detained by the EFCC over allegations of non-disclosure of assets, fraud and money laundering to the tune of $9.7 million.

    He approached the court with a breach of fundamental human rights suit, challenging his continued detention without being charged to court.

    But before the matter could be determined, the EFCC arraigned him on a six-count charge bordering on non-disclosure of assets, money laundering and fraud charges to which he pleaded not guilty.

    He was admitted to N300 million bail and the case was adjourned till May 9 for commencement of trial.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    US to withdraw all troops from Syria

    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    DSS detains El-Rufai after EFCC probe

    DSS detains El-Rufai after EFCC probe

    Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC

    Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Lagos hands over TikToker Mirabel ‘rape’ case to Ogun for investigation

    Tinubu seeks Nigerians' forgiveness as Ramadan, Lent begin

    Tinubu seeks Nigerians’ forgiveness as Ramadan, Lent begin

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident

    February 19, 2026
    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    US to withdraw all troops from Syria

    February 19, 2026
    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    Police deploy personnel ahead of FCT council elections

    February 19, 2026
    DSS detains El-Rufai after EFCC probe

    DSS detains El-Rufai after EFCC probe

    February 19, 2026
    Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC

    Tinubu strips NNPCL of oil revenue deduction powers, orders direct remittance to FAAC

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.