Residents of Kaduna state have lamented the unending streak of violence, killings and kidnappings experienced everyday in the state.
Many of the residents who couldn’t go to work due to the high level of insecurity were seen discussing the spate of insecurity in small groups.
A Daily Post reporter, who visited Kakuri, Sabo-Tasha, Kurmin Gwari, Nasarawa and Barnawa on Tuesday, interviewed some residents who suggested that, unless the Federal Government declared “a State of Emergency”, kidnapping for ransom and other forms of insecurity will not stop.
Others were of the opinion that, since there is a security threat in the state, no business will thrive, as there will be no buyers, because no one wants to be a victim of kidnapping.
According to Mr. Uche Nwachukwu, a car dealer in Television garage: “For the past two months, nobody has come to price any of my vehicles. Feeding has become difficult for me and my family. Those I expected to buy my vehicle are finding things difficult as there has been retrenchment in their places of work.”
Madam Ruth Adejo, who sells yam, dried cassava, and beans in wholesale quantities said she has stopped going to bush markets for the past four months.
According to her, she travelled to bush markets in Minna, Niger State, and other neighboring states to buy directly from farmers before transporting them to Kaduna market for resale.
“I have stopped going to bush markets to buy foodstuffs in large quantities because of insecurity in the state. Criminals have once trapped me on my way from the bush market. I was saved miraculously. Since then, I stopped going to the bush market.
Dr. Moses Yusuf, who owns the popular “Healer’s Hospital” said hospital business has not been favourable since few weeks as most sick people who supposed to come for treatment used local herbs to treatment, even as some buy drugs and treat themselves at home.
Due to the unending security threats that have plagued Kaduna State and it’s environs, businesses may shut down indefinitely.









