Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    February 17, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    February 17, 2026
    ICPC recovers over N20bn paid to ghost workers as pensions in 2024

    ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
    • Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok
    • ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering
    • NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach
    • Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student
    • UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians
    • Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest
    • Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Seriki Fulani of Igangan denies complicity in recent attacks

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJune 10, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Family brutalize man over N250,000 bride price in Delta
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Banished Seriki Fulani of Igangan Alhaji Salihu AbdulKadir, on Thursday absolved himself of any alleged complicity in the recent attacks and killings in Igangan community of Oyo State.

    Suspected Fulani men on Sunday last week allegedly invaded Igangan town and killed scores of people.

    AbdulKadir told reporters in Ilorin, Kwara state that neither him nor his family members were involved in the killings of innocent souls in Igangan since the crisis started.

    The deposed Seriki alleged that members of Odua People’s Congress (OPC) killed eight Fulani men in Igangan and Elekokan, near Igangan during the week, calling on both Oyo State and the Federal government to probe the crises in the area with a view to bringing the perpetrators to book.

    Alhaji AbdulKadir, however, hailed Governor Seyi Makinde for his matured reaction to the issue of the latest attacks in Igangan where scores of people were killed.

    But, he alleged that the utterances of Oyo state Governor’s Special Adviser on Security, Fatai Owoseni were tantamount to encouraging Sunday Igboho and the likes to foment trouble in the area.

    AbdulKadir denied claims that one of his children was killed during the recent crisis in the town.

    AbdulKadir said:” I want to tell the whole world that I and my family were not involved in Igangan crisis. Since the crisis began about four months ago we have relocated from Igangan. None of my children was killed in the recent crisis because they are not residing there anymore.

    “The OPC people killed eight Fulani in Igangan and Elekokan village during the week. The utterances of Fatai Owoseni, Special on Security to Oyo State government show that the government is backing Sunday Igboho.

    • Igangan: Southwest governors okay Amotekun’s joint operations

    “I hereby urge both the federal and Oyo State governments to carry out full investigation into the whole crises in order to put a permanent end to the crises. It’s only when culprits are arrested, prosecuted and brought to justice that permanent peace can be restored to Igangan.

    “We also have reports of how hoodlums on daily basis ambush vehicles in Igangan and kill any Fulani man found in such vehicles.”

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    ICPC recovers over N20bn paid to ghost workers as pensions in 2024

    ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    February 17, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    February 17, 2026
    ICPC recovers over N20bn paid to ghost workers as pensions in 2024

    ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering

    February 17, 2026
    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    February 17, 2026
    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.