Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Newcastle cruise past Arsenal to reach Carabao Cup final

    UCL: Gordon scores four as Newcastle thrash Qarabag 6-1

    February 18, 2026
    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    February 18, 2026
    GameZone Rebate

    GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • UCL: Gordon scores four as Newcastle thrash Qarabag 6-1
    • Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users
    • GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play
    • Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans
    • Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo
    • Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised
    • Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage
    • Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    WAEC reschedules 2021 WASSCE for August/September

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorApril 9, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    FG bans SS3 student admission, transfers to curb exam malpractice
    Cross section of students in a classroom
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced the date to conduct the 2021 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates.

    This year’s WASSCE, which was earlier scheduled for May/June, will now take place from August 16 to September 30, the Head of Public Affairs of WAEC Office in Nigeria, Demianus Ojijeogu, revealed in a statement on Friday.

    He added that the international timetable for the conduct of the examination would be released in due course.

    Ojijeogu explained that the new dates announced by the examination body was in line with the current academic calendar and was done in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Education.

    He noted the controversy triggered by the address of the Head of National Office, Patrick Areghan, at a press briefing to announce the release of results of the 2021 first series of the WASSCE for private candidates on Tuesday.

    The examination body’s spokesman decried that the national office head was wrongly quoted to have said that WACE had postponed the 2021 WASSCE.

    Areghan, at the briefing, had said the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic were still very much felt in the education sector, and the academic calendar had been distorted.

    According to him, these factors have made it not to be possible to have the examination in May/June as earlier scheduled.

    Reacting to the controversy trailing the remarks of the national office head, Ojijeogu stated that Areghan was quoted out of context.

    • JAMB suspends registration due to technical issues

    Announcing the results of the WASSCE for private candidates, WAEC said a total of 7,690 candidates entered for the examination, representing a 38 per cent decline when compared with the 2020 figure.

    Of the figure, 2,195 candidates, representing 30.11 per cent obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.

    “The number of candidates that had five credits, including English Language and Mathematics may not necessarily be a basis for judging the level of performance in the examination,” Areghan had said.

    He explained that this was because the examination was more or less a remedial one, and some candidates may just need only one or two papers, other than English Language and /or Mathematics to remedy their admission deficiencies.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    GameZone Rebate

    GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Newcastle cruise past Arsenal to reach Carabao Cup final

    UCL: Gordon scores four as Newcastle thrash Qarabag 6-1

    February 18, 2026
    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    Why major Nigerian banking in-app support fails users

    February 18, 2026
    GameZone Rebate

    GameZone Rebate Builds Trust Within Organized Play

    February 18, 2026
    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    February 18, 2026
    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.