Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    May 23, 2026
    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    May 23, 2026
    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting
    • Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine
    • Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice
    • Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant
    • Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho
    • Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role
    • Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction
    • Trump orders Nigerians, others to apply for green cards from home countries
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    FG vows to clamp down on protesters at Lekki toll gate

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 11, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Obidient movement denies involvement in #EndSARS protest
    Nigerian youths protested police brutality during #EndSARS
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    The Federal Government has vowed to crush any fresh strike at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos by #EndSARS protesters.

    It warned Nigerians against participating in any protest to block the Lekki toll gate. It said all security agencies have been put on the alert to curtail any protest. It said protests are constitutionally allowed only in designated places but not toll gates. It confirmed intelligence report which showed that the latest protest might be hijacked to cause violence nationwide.

    The Minister of Information and Culture, Alh. Lai Mohammed spoke in Abuja against the backdrop of a renewed protest at Lekki Toll Gate as from Saturday.

    Read also: Gunshots in Obalende as Lagos NURTW factions clash

    The Minister said: “However, any further resort to violence in the name of #EndSARS will not be tolerated this time. The security agents are ready for any eventuality. A situation in which six soldiers and 37 policemen were murdered in cold blood by hoodlums will not repeat itself. The attack, looting and razing of 269 private and public property will not happen again. The killing of 57 civilians will not be re-enacted. No government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming wrought by the hijackers of #EndSARS protests last year. After all, only one policeman – (plus four others) – was killed in the invasion of the US Capitol in January, yet the FBI has continued to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators. No life is more important than the other.”

    Mohammed warned those planning the protest to shelve it. He said intelligence report indicated that some of those planners are non-Nigerians

    He added: ” We therefore strongly warn those who are planning to re-occupy Lekki Toll Gate on Saturday to desist. We know that many of those who have been loudest on social media in advertising the plan to reconvene in Lagos on Saturday are not even in Nigeria. They are elsewhere around the world fanning the embers of violence and inciting gullible people back home. No one should fall for their antics.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has been conferred with the Dan Amana title by the Emir of Daura on Saturday

    Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role

    Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde govt over Oyo school abduction

    Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction

    Donald Trump announces new US green card application policy affecting Nigerians and other foreign nationals.

    Trump orders Nigerians, others to apply for green cards from home countries

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    May 23, 2026
    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    May 23, 2026
    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    May 23, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    May 23, 2026
    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.