Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    • Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
    • Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
    • Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    BREAKING: Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 27, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    UK British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is out of the hospital after treatment for coronavirus recession lockdown
    British Prime Minister Boris Johnson
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Friday he had tested positive for coronavirus and was self isolating but would still lead the government’s response to the outbreak.

    A Downing Street spokesman said Johnson, 55, experienced mild symptoms on Thursday – a day after he answered at the prime minister’s weekly question-and-answer session in parliament’s House of Commons chamber.

    Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus.

    I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus.

    Together we will beat this. #StayHomeSaveLives pic.twitter.com/9Te6aFP0Ri

    — Boris Johnson #StayHomeSaveLives (@BorisJohnson) March 27, 2020

    “Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus,” Johnson said. “I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus.”

    It was not immediately clear how many Downing Street staff and senior ministers would now need to isolate given that many have had contact with Johnson over recent days and weeks.

    When Britain clapped health workers on Thursday evening, Johnson and his finance minister Rishi Sunak came out of separate entrances on Downing Street and did not come into close contact, according to a Reuters photographer at the scene.

    Previously the government has said that Johnson had the option to del agate to Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab if needed.

    • Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

    “The prime minister was tested for coronavirus on the personal advice of England’s Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Whitty,” the spokesman said.

    “The test was carried out in No 10 by NHS staff and the result of the test was positive,” the spokesman said.

    So far, 578 people in the United Kingdom have died after testing positive for coronavirus and the number of confirmed cases has risen to 11,658.

    The UK toll is the seventh worst in the world, after Italy, Spain, China, Iran, France and the United States, according to a Reuters tally.

    Britain’s Prince Charles, the 71-year-old heir to the British throne, tested positive for coronavirus earlier this week but is in good health and is now self-isolating at his residence in Scotland with mild symptoms along with his wife Camilla, who tested negative, his office said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    Frank Edoho, ex-wife fight dirty over infidelity, divorce

    Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.