Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Agege council chairman bags NAPTIP award in fight against trafficking

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 10, 2019No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Agege
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Chairman of Agege Local Government of Lagos State, Mr Ganiyu Egunjobi, on Wednesday, bagged an award of excellence and exemplary leadership in the fight against human trafficking in the area.

    The award was presented to Egunjobi in Lagos by Julie Okah-Donli, Director General, National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NATIP).

    Speaking during the ceremony, the NAPTIP boss said that the award was in recognition of Egunjobi’s involvement in fight against human trafficking beyond “mere political rhetoric”.

    “NAPTIP has recorded no fewer than 404 convictions, while many cases are still pending in court and investigation of many still ongoing.

    “Over 17, 000 passed through the NATIP shelters, given psychosocial support, provided skills, education, medical support, empowerment and reintegrated with their families and society,” she said.

    The NAPTIP DG said that five survivors trained by the agency had been absorbed as staff of the council with the support of its partners.

    “This, therefore, explain why the giant step taken by the chairman in empowering numerous Agege people remain commendable.

    “As little as this may appear to be in the eyes of some critics, it has saved numerous lives, restores hope to the hopeless.

    “It mends broken homes and restores future of many future leaders within and even outside the council area,” she added.

    READ: EFCC recovers N65.5m in Zamfara INEC Office

    In his remarks, Egunjobi thanked the NAPTIP DG for the award adding that it was the first award he would receive such prize in person.

    “This is the first award I will present myself to receive an award and I choose to receive it because it touches and so dear to me.

    “If not for God and my parent, I would have also been a victim too. I have seen so many people who have traveled to Libya and other countries ignorantly.

    “It is a dangerous journey, many of them were being deceived by the so called agents who tell them “See Morocco See Spain”.

    “Majority of them did not embark on the journey willingly but convinced, deceived of getting greener pasture abroad.

    “That is why we made empowerment a priority in the local government, we ensure about 25 people are being empowered on monthly basis at the grassroots level to discourage human trafficking within the community,” Egunjobi said.

    The council chairman appealed to the monarchs, community and market leaders to advise their people to desist from aiding and abetting any form of human trafficking.

    Egunjobi said he dedicated the award to people who travelled out of ignorant thereby maltreated out there and suffered unjustly. Nigeria News

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.