Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses
    • FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent
    • FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit
    • Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units
    • Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion
    • Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Chibuzor-Nwankwo killed by fellow Nigerian in South Africa – Envoy

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 30, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Linus Chibuzor-Nwankwo was killed by a yet to be identified Nigerian in South Africa
    Linus Chibuzor-Nwankwo was killed by a yet to be identified Nigerian in South Africa
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Linus Chibuzor-Nwankwo was killed by a yet to be identified Nigerian in South Africa
    Linus Chibuzor-Nwankwo was killed by a yet to be identified Nigerian in South Africa

    The 42-year-old Linus Chibuzor-Nwankwo, who died on Friday in South Africa has been confirmed was killed by a fellow Nigerian.

    The Consul General of Nigeria in South Africa, Mr. Godwin Adama, has confirmed that Chibuzor-Nwankwo from Enugu State was killed, Mr. Lawrence Nwarienne from Anambra.

    Adama, condemned the killing and expressed shock and dismay that a fellow Nigerian carried out the act.

    Chibuzor-Nwankwo was shot by Nwarienne another Nigerian operating a bar in South Africa, in the early hours of Friday in Kempton Park, Johannesburg in South Africa.

    The envoy said Nwarienne shot the deceased right at his bar for reasons not very clear adding that the suspect was however, immediately arrested by the police who had launched investigation into the case.

    “The High Commissioner and the Consul General are very concerned on this development. We condemn this dastardly act and do not expect it from our nationals who are supposed to protect each other.

    READ: Canada using DNA, ancestry websites to investigate migrants

    “This is a development that is becoming frightening and may make South African police authorities to blame other future killings on the same trend. We are taking it seriously,” he said.

    He said that the Mission was in touch with Nigerians and police authorities and encouraged them to properly investigate the murder and prosecute accordingly.

    According to him, this is to discourage future actions of that kind by any person irrespective of his nationality.

    “We are monitoring the development and encouraging Nigerians to conduct themselves peacefully while we seek for justice.

    “Mission has been in touch with Nigerians on the unfortunate development.

    “Missions have already commenced discussions with Nigerian stakeholders to discourage this trend,” he said

    He said that the situation had been calmed down to avoid reprisal attacks from other Nigerian close relations and friends.

    The case is being monitored by Nigerian community in South Africa to ensure justice is done to avoid future occurrences.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    February 21, 2026
    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.