Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    February 18, 2026
    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo
    • Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised
    • Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage
    • Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau
    • Vinicius, racism and Mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 
    • Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026
    • Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son
    • Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Local Content: Senate committee angry over variations of $16b oil project

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJune 15, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    'Soldiers robbed and killed my aide at checkpoint', Senator Adeola cries out
    'Soldiers robbed and killed my aide at checkpoint', Senator Adeola cries out
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Senator Solomon Adeola has expressed anger over the incessant variations of the $16 billion project
    Senator Solomon Adeola has expressed anger over the incessant variations of the $16 billion project

    The Senate Ad hoc Committee on Investigation of Local Content Element on Egina Oil Field is angry over the incessant variations of the $16 billion project.

    The committee noted that after a two billion dollar variation on the project, there was proposal for another one billion dollar variation.

    It has therefore directed that further variation on the project be suspended.

    The Chairman of the committee, Senator Solomon Adeola, gave the directive in a statement by his media adviser, Mr Kayode Odunaro, in Abuja on Thursday.

    Adeola said the directive followed Senate’s resolution to pay consultants to do a ”Value for Money Audit” of the Egina project.

    READ: Goodluck Jonathan thrice rejected GCFR for MKO – Kola Abiola

    He stressed that there was need to get detailed explanation of the variations by various sub-contractors to Total Upstream Nigeria Limited, the major operator of the project.

    He said: “The audit would last for 16 weeks by consultants paid by the Senate to ensure independent account instead of being carried out by NNPC/NAPIMS as required by the contractual agreement.”

    He decried that over the five year period of the project no audit of any kind has been carried out.

    Mr. Nicolas Terraz, Managing Director of Total Upstream Nigeria Limited, stated that as the major operator of the project, it would continue to assist the committee in its investigations.

    Meanwhile, Adeola said the committee would report the illegal status of one Young Ho Jo, to the Ministry of Interior.

    Adeola said findings indicated that Jo, claimed to be the Managing Director of Samsung Nigeria Limited and had been working in Nigeria for the past two months without fulfilling legal requirements.

    He stressed that the Nigeria Content Development Monitoring Board (NCMDB) had reported the alleged illegality to the Ministry of Interior for possible deportation as an illegal immigrant.

    “The man came to us to say he is the MD of Samsung and his documentation could not be completed because of the breakdown of the machines of NCMDB.

    “Meanwhile the NCMBD wrote to us saying that their machine had never broken down in the period claimed, showing that the man had contravened the Local Content law,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 

    Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100 per dollar in 2026

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026

    You have a spiritual problem – Wike blasts Amaechi over property claims

    Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    February 18, 2026
    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    February 18, 2026
    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 

    Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau

    February 18, 2026
    Vinicius, racism and mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson

    Vinicius, racism and Mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.