Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    February 21, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    • Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today
    • Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara
    • Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    • N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Trump aide Rob Porter quits amid abuse accusations

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 8, 2018No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    President Donald Trump's aide Rob Porter (Left) resigned following sexual assault allegations
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    President Donald Trump’s aide Rob Porter has resigned following sexual assault allegations

    White House staff secretary Rob Porter has resigned amid abuse claims from his two ex-wives.

    Porter who is one of US President Donald Trump’s top aides said “these outrageous allegations are simply false” as he announced he would step down.

    The accusations were first reported in the Daily Mail and include accounts of physical and emotional abuse.

    The White House would not comment on a report that Mr Porter, 40, failed to receive security clearance.

    His ex-wives, Colbie Holderness and Jennifer Willoughby, both recounted stories of Mr Porter’s alleged misconduct.

    His first spouse, Ms Holderness, said the White House aide had been verbally and physically abusive.

    Ms Holderness, a US government analyst, said Mr Porter had kicked her on their 2003 honeymoon in the Canary Islands.

    She also alleged he punched her in the face while they were on holiday a couple of years later in Florence, Italy.

    READ: Doctor arrested for spreading HIV

    Ms Holderness supplied a photo of herself with a black eye to the media.

    Ms Willoughby, a motivational speaker, told the Daily Mail she was married to Mr Porter from 2009-13.

    She wrote about her experiences in a blog post entitled Why I Stayed.

    She said she filed a protective order against him in June 2010 after he allegedly punched the glass of the door at their Alexandria, Virginia, home.

    Ms Willoughby told the Washington Post on Wednesday: “He has never faced repercussions that forced him to confront his issues.

    “I care about him and want what’s best for him, but that doesn’t necessarily mean him keeping his job because he needs to face these underlying issues.”

    Mr Porter rejected the allegations in a statement read by the White House press secretary on Wednesday.

    “I took the photos given to the media nearly 15 years ago and the reality behind them is nowhere close to what is being described,” he said.

    “I have been transparent and truthful about these vile claims, but I will not further engage publicly with a co-ordinated smear campaign.”

    The Daily Mail reported that Mr Porter did not receive security clearance for his White House job after the FBI interviewed his ex-wives during background checks.

    But the White House press secretary refused to be drawn on that issue.

    “Background checks involve a complex investigation run by intelligence and law enforcement agencies,” Mrs Sanders told reporters.

    “As has always been our policy, we do not comment on security clearances. Rob Porter has been effective in his role as Staff Secretary.

    “The President and Chief of Staff have full confidence in his abilities and his performance.”

    Mr Porter attended Harvard with the President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner and was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University.

    He formerly worked for Utah Senator Orrin Hatch, who said he was “heartbroken” by the allegations.

    “My staff loved him and he was a trusted advisor,” Senator Hatch said in a statement.

    “I do not know the details of Rob’s personal life.

    “Domestic violence in any form is abhorrent. I am praying for Rob and those involved.”

    Mr Porter’s White House role involved working with the president and his chief of staff John Kelly.

    Before Mr Porter resigned, Mr Kelly told the Daily Mail the staff secretary was “a man of true integrity and honour”.

    According to the reports, Mr Porter has recently been romantically linked with White House communications director Hope Hicks.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    February 21, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    February 21, 2026
    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.