Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Libya: NAPTIP arrests two suspected ‘returnee’ traffickers

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJanuary 11, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Director General of NAPTIP, Julie Okah-Donli has raised alarm over organ trafficking in Nigeria
    Director General of NAPTIP, Julie Okah-Donli has raised alarm over organ trafficking in Nigeria
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Director General of NAPTIP, Julie Okah-Donli says two suspected traffickers have been arrested

    The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), says it has arrested two suspected traffickers among Nigerian returnees repatriated from Libya.

    The Director General of NAPTIP, Ms Julie Okah-Donli disclosed this at a news conference in Abuja on Thursday.

    Okah-Donli said that two of the suspects were currently under investigation as one of the suspected traffickers; a female, was transferred to NAPTIP’s Lagos Zonal command for questioning.

    She stated that the agency had set machineries in motion to fish out those involved in the trafficking or smuggling of Nigerians and would be prosecuted accordingly.

    According to her, nine pregnant women and five babies were among 972 returnees that have been repatriated.

    READ: NLC, teachers dare El-Rufai, lead protest to Kaduna Govt House

    The director general disclosed that among the returnees, Edo has the highest of 533 returnees, Delta with 128 while Yobe has 28.

    Others include Ogun and Imo states which have 25 each, Ondo 17 and Oyo state has 15.

    She added that 27 states have so far had their indigenes returned, while nine states and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) were yet to record any returnees.

    She said that those states that had no returnees were Borno, Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba, Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara and Niger.

    Okah-Donli noted that about 40 personnel of her agency had been deployed to provide various services to the returnees at the Port Harcourt’s camp.

    She said that those officials include counsellors, caregivers, investigators and public enlightenment officers.

    The director general commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his concern and the bold step in the evacuation of the trapped Nigerians in Libya.

    She said that “this will go into history as the biggest evacuation of Nigerians ever by a Nigerian Government.

    “It shows the great interest of the President in the protection of the lives of Nigerian citizens no matter where they are across the globe and irrespective of their immigration status” she said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.