Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Terrorists kill two, abduct many in Sokoto

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJanuary 14, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Boko Haram terrorists abduct 42 students in Borno
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Two people were killed and several others abducted in Bargaja village, Isa Local Government Area of Sokoto State, following a terrorists attack on Monday.

    The spokesperson for the Sokoto State Police Command, DSP Ahmed Rufai, told the press on Tuesday that the attack was suspected to have been carried out by gunmen allegedly loyal to bandit leader Bello Turji.

    He stated that a detailed account of the incident would be provided once the Divisional Police Officer in the area submits a field report.

    “Two were killed, and some people were kidnapped, but we don’t yet have the exact number. We will get fuller details from the DPO of the local government,” Rufai said.

    Residents and security sources also stated that Bargaja had been targeted a few days ago, indicating that there had been frequent raids by terrorists along the Sokoto–Zamfara axis.

    Villagers fled to Isa town and nearby settlements as a result of the onslaught, according to locals.

    Despite promises from security agencies, attacks, kidnappings, and displacement have persisted in Isa, Sabon Birni, and other areas of eastern Sokoto.

    Residents of Isa town claimed that displaced people from Tidibale Ward had arrived over the weekend.

    According to locals, since more farming and pastoral settlements are in danger, displaced civilians have been moving more frequently in recent months.

    “The whole of Tidibale Ward has been devastated by Bello Turji,” a resident alleged in a written statement circulated to journalists.

    He warned that residents were quickly turning into “refugees in their own land” and called for immediate action from federal, state, and local authorities.

    Neither the Isa Local Government Council nor the Sokoto State Government has formally responded to the situation as of the time of filing this report.

    Bashar Altine, a security expert from Isa LGA, called the situation “deeply worrying,” pointing out that many of the displaced people are residing in temporary shelters and public schools in Isa town.

    Some have fled into the Niger Republic in search of protection, he claimed, while others have moved to neighboring Sabon Birni.

    Additionally, according to Altine, Turji “is very much alive” and is still actively involved in certain areas of Isa and the nearby settlements.

    Concerns about the continued banditry in the Northwest, where villages have suffered years of agriculture disruptions, mass relocation, school kidnappings, and a declining civic presence owing to insecurity, are raised by the recent attacks in Isa.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.