Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy
    • INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable
    • Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 
    • Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0
    • Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Terrorists kidnap seven in fresh Kwara attack

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoDecember 27, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again
    Terrorists
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Terrorists on Friday evening reportedly invaded the Adanla community, a suburb of Igbaja in the Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, and allegedly abducted no fewer than seven persons.

    The attack, according to residents, occurred around 7pm on Friday, December 26, 2025, and threw the peaceful agrarian community into fear.

    A community leader in Igbaja and coordinator of the Kwara South Joint Community Security Watch Network, Elder Olaitan Oyin-Zubair, confirmed the kidnap by the terrorists.

    According to him, the terrorists stormed Adanla in large numbers, firing sporadically as they moved from house to house and forcing residents into submission.

    “At about 7:30pm, we received a report from Adanla-Irese, a suburb of Igbaja, that bandits had entered the community,” Oyin-Zubair said.

    “We immediately swung into action by mobilizing hunters and vigilantes from Igbaja to the area. We also alerted the Brigade Commander of the 22 Armoured Brigade, who directed his men around the axis to respond swiftly,” he noted.

    He also stated that soldiers later arrived in the community in two operational trucks to support local security operatives.

    “At about 7:30pm, we received a report from Adanla-Irese, a suburb of Igbaja, that bandits had entered the community,” Oyin-Zubair said.

    “We immediately swung into action by mobilizing hunters and vigilantes from Igbaja to the area. We also alerted the Brigade Commander of the 22 Armoured Brigade, who directed his men around the axis to respond swiftly,” he noted.

    “Unfortunately, before their arrival, the bandits had already abducted eight persons and wounded a woman. They were shooting indiscriminately to scare the locals,” he said.

    The Kwara State Police Command spokesperson, SP Adetoun Ejire-Adeyemi, was yet to receive a detailed briefing on the incident at the time of filing this report.

    “I am yet to be properly briefed about the incident. I got the information last night too, but as soon as I have details, I will get back to you,” she said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Barcelona narrowly defeated Real Madrid in a five-goal clash to claim consecutive Spanish Super Cup titles in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0

    February 22, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.