Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Hamas says ready to free Gaza hostages under Trump ceasefire deal

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoOctober 4, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Hamas kills Israeli hostage, injures others
    Palestinian militants carry a victim
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Palestinian militant group Hamas said on Friday it was ready to release hostages held in Gaza under a peace deal proposed by President Donald Trump but wanted negotiations on the details and a say in the future of the Palestinian territory.

    “The movement announces its approval for the release of all hostages—living and remains—according to the exchange formula included in President Trump’s proposal,” Hamas said in a statement, adding it was ready to enter talks “to discuss the details.”

    Trump’s peace proposal for Gaza, released this week and supported by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, calls for a truce, the release of captives within 72 hours, Hamas disarming, and a phased Israeli pullout from Gaza.

    In the statement, the militant group said it agreed to hand over control in Gaza to a committee of Palestinian technocrats, but that choices on the territory’s long-term future would need to be considered inside a Palestinian framework “in which Hamas will participate and contribute responsibly.”

    Hamas’ statement made no mention of its intentions on disarmament, a critical component of the US president’s plan that the group has previously opposed.

    After the announcement, Mahmoud Mardawi, a senior Hamas leader, told AFP that the group welcomed Trump’s approach, but that “without clear terms, criteria, and transparency, we need clarification and confirmation through a negotiated agreement.”

    “The American proposal is vague, ambiguous, and lacks clarity,” Mardawi said.

    The militant group had “made our position clear, and we are now waiting to see how the details of the terms will be implemented and clarified,” he added.

    According to the US plan unveiled on Monday, which has been embraced by foreign powers, including Arab and Muslim states, Trump will lead a post-war transitional authority over Gaza.

    Earlier on Friday, the US president gave Hamas until Sunday night to respond to the plan, warning the group that it would suffer “all hell” if it did not accept the terms.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.