Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses
    • FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent
    • FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit
    • Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units
    • Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion
    • Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Tax Fraud: Mourinho agrees to pay Spanish authorities €3.3m

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 3, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Chelsea have contacted Jose Mourinho about taking the vacant managerial job
    Chelsea have contacted Jose Mourinho about taking the vacant managerial job
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Jose Mourinho arrives Madrid court in Spain to face tax fraud charges

    Jose Mourinho has reached a settlement with Spanish tax authorities on Friday morning, agreeing to pay a €3.3million (£2.94m) tax debt for the time he was Real Madrid coach.

    The Manchester United manager arrived at court room No 4 in Pozuelo de Alarcón just outside of Madrid at 9.33am local time for his 10am appearance.

    He stood accused of evading tax for the years 2010 to 2013 but told reporters outside the magistrates court after his private hearing: ‘I did not argue. I have paid and signed with the state to say I am definitely tax compliant.’

    Mourinho was accused of defrauding the Spanish tax authorities of £2.9million during his time in charge of Real Madrid by not declaring profits from image rights.

    READ: Evra sent off before kick-off for kung-fu kick on fan

    The Portuguese manager was mobbed by photographers and reporters on his way into and out of the hearing, which comes just two days before United face title rivals Chelsea.

    The case has threatened to disrupt United’s preparations for their crucial trip to face his former side at Stamford Bridge on Sunday afternoon.

    The club brought Mourinho’s weekly press conference forward 24 hours from its usual slot to Thursday, while his No 2 Rui Faria and his coaching staff will oversee training when he is out of the country.

    He settled a previous claim against him in 2014, paying a penalty of £1m, but prosecutors claimed in June that some of the information in that settlement was incorrect.

    Mourinho responded by issuing a statement insisting that his taxes had been paid in full. It read: ‘Jose Mourinho has not received any notification with regards to the news published today.

    ‘To this date, neither the Spanish tax authorities, not the public prosecutor have contacted Jose Mourinho or his advisers who were hired for the inspection process.

    ‘Jose Mourinho, who lived in Spain from June 2010 until May 2013, paid more than €26m (£22.7m) in taxes, with an average tax rate over 41 per cent, and accepted the regularisation proposals made by the Spanish tax authorities in 2015 regarding the years 2011 and 2012 and entering into a settlement agreement regarding 2013.’

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    February 21, 2026
    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.