Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC
    • Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim
    • Mirabel admits lying over rape claim
    • Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack
    • Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 
    • EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin
    • Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia
    • SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Jacob Zuma’s son, Duduzane faces murder trial

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 17, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Duduzane Zuma
    Duduzane Zuma
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Duduzane Zuma
    Duduzane Zuma

    President Jacob Zuma son, Duduzane Zuma will be the first person to be hauled before AfriForum’s private prosecuting unit, the union announced on Tuesday.

    Former NPA prosecutor, Nel who joined the lobby group this year confirmed that papers have been filed to pursue a culpable homicide case against Duduzane.

    Nel said the victim Phumzile Dube was killed in February 2014, after Zuma’s Porsche collided with the taxi in which she was travelling.

    An inquest found that Duduzane was negligent but the NPA declined to prosecute.

    The family had received only R5000 from the taxi association, and no other compensation.

    “There has been no support and no financial compensation for the family whatsoever,” Nel said

    Read Also Court orders Senator Abaribe to produce Nnamdi Kanu, Uchendu

    Nel said they wanted to make sure everyone is equal before the law. He said he is very proud of the family to allow justice to be served.

    “For us it’s equally before the law, there is no selective prosecutions.”

    Kallie Kriel from AfriForum said:”Nobody is above the law and not even if your surname is Zuma, or if your father is the president of the country.”

    The National Prosecuting Agency (NPA) decided on 18 August 2015 not to prosecute Zuma, despite the fact that Magistrate Lalitha Chetty had found during a formal judicial inquest into the death, that there was prima facie evidence that Dube’s death had been caused by Zuma’s negligent actions.

    Nel had submitted an application to the NPA on behalf of the Dube family to obtain a nolle prosequi certificate, a formal notice confirming that the a matter would not be pursued by the authority.

    He said as soon as AfriForum received the certificate, the process to prosecute Zuma would begin.

    “There exist no valid grounds for the NPA to decline to prosecute Zuma, and the Dube’s family deserves that justice is served and that the case is not treated differently as a result of who the perpetrator is,” Nel said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.