Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack
    • Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 
    • EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin
    • Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia
    • SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit
    • NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike
    • ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe
    • Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    South Africa agrees to Senegal world cup qualifier replay

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 12, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NFF declares crackdown on corrupt referees, threatens 10-year ban
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey has been banned for life by Fifa

    South African football chiefs have agreed a 2018 World Cup qualifying tie against Senegal should be replayed “on ethical and moral grounds”.

    World governing body Fifa ordered the replay after the referee for the original game, Joseph Lamptey, was banned for manipulating the match.

    The South African Football Association (Safa) had been considering an appeal but now says it agrees with Fifa.

    However it said it would appeal should the referee’s ban be overturned.

    Read Also Crystal Palace sack Frank De Boer as manager

    South Africa beat Senegal 2-1 in the original tie last year.

    On Tuesday Safa said it “has decided on ethical and moral grounds that if this match was manipulated, we should replay it”.

    It later added: “We have however, noted that the official at the centre of all this controversy has appealed his case to the courts of law.

    “If the courts overturn the decision, everything becomes null and void and Safa will reserve its right to challenge the decision of Fifa to replay the match.

    “Safa’s zero tolerance on corrupt activities within football are well documented and it is in this light that we decided to comply with the Fifa directive.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Bolt has revealed that Isaac Satlat, the Nigerian student murdered by suspected carjackers in Pretoria, South Africa, was an illegal driver.

    Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally

    Vinicius Junior scored a spectacular winner for Real Madrid against Benfica in their Champions League play-off first leg, which was stopped for 10 minutes for alleged racist abuse.

    Vinicius gets support from football stars over racist abuse incident

    Club Brugge netted a thrilling late equalizer while battling back twice against Atletico Madrid, leaving their Champions League knockout phase play-off tie finely balanced.

    UCL: Club Brugge score late equalizer against Atletico Madrid

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    February 20, 2026
    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.