Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr Saudi Pro League title

    Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr win Saudi Pro League title

    May 22, 2026
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr win Saudi Pro League title
    • Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe
    • Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate
    • INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers
    • Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes
    • Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president
    • Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad
    • Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Miyetti Allah president Bodejo sues AGF, DSS DG over arrest ‘unlawful’ detention

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedDecember 20, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
    Abdullahi Badejo, national president of the Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore Fulani
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Bello Bodejo, president of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, has filed a suit against the attorney-general of the federation (AGF) and director-general of the Department of States Services (DSS) over his arrest and continuous detention without arraignment.

    In an ex parte motion marked M/16976/2024, filed on Thursday by his team of lawyers led by Reuben Atabo, the Miyetti Allah president is asking a high court in Abuja to order his release from the DSS facility pending the hearing and determination of the substantive application.

    Bodejo is also seeking an order granting him leave to apply for the order of “habeas corpus subjiciendum” against the respondents.

    Habeas corpus subjiciendum is a Latin phrase and a legal term used to compel a person or authority holding someone in custody to bring the detainee before a court and justify the legality of the detention.

    On December 9, Bodejo’s family said he was arrested and detained by officers of the 117 battalion of the Nigerian Army in Maliya, Nasarawa state.

    His lawyer said the army kept him in the custody of the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Abuja up to Wednesday, December 18 without being charged in any court of competent jurisdiction.

    Atabo said Bodejo had been transferred from the custody of the DIA to the DSS facility in Abuja on Thursday.

    He said the respondents are not desirous of diligently prosecuting his client “before a competent court of law and thus, their actions are unconstitutional and shorn of any legal basis whatsoever”.

    • Bodejo: Court decides Miyetti Allah leader’s bail request

    Hauwa, the first wife of Bodejo, in an affidavit supporting the motion ex-parte, narrated events that led to her husband’s arrest.

    She recounted a December 8 clash at Shuwari village in Nasarawa state, between some Fulani herders and Dan Gwari, a retired naval officer, whose farmland was entered by a herd of cattle.

    Hauwa said Gwari allegedly fired gunshots at the herders and killed four cows, adding that he sustained machete cuts during a struggle to disarm him.

    She said the Fulani elders took Gwari to a hospital and covered his bills after which he was discharged.

    Hauwa claimed that the retired naval officer later mobilised soldiers to arrest some Fulani boys, seized 400 cows, and detained Bodejo, who was away at the time of the incident.

    She said Bodejo on December 9 was allegedly detained and subjected to inhuman treatment at the Keffi barracks at Gwari’s prompting.

    “My husband (the applicant) called me on the phone on December 11, to inform me that the Nigerian Army was taking him to an underground cell of the Defence Intelligence Agency and would blindfold him thereafter,” she said.

    Hauwa said she later found out that her husband had been moved on Wednesday night to the custody of DSS, where he is currently being detained.

    Bodejo’s wife said since her husband’s arrest and detention, he had been denied access to his medications.

    Hauwa, who said that the applicant would be greatly prejudiced if the application is refused, noted that it would be in the interest of justice to grant the motion.

    No date has been given for the hearing of the motion.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    Aliyu sacks all Sokoto educational authorities

    Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr Saudi Pro League title

    Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr win Saudi Pro League title

    May 22, 2026
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.