Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Five injured in Swiss Chainsaw attack

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 24, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Central parts of Schaffhausen have been sealed off by police
    Central parts of Schaffhausen have been sealed off by police
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Central parts of Schaffhausen have been sealed off by police
    Central parts of Schaffhausen have been sealed off by police

    Five people have been injured, two seriously, in an attack by a man armed with a chainsaw in the Swiss town of Schaffhausen, police say.

    Central parts of the town on the German border have been sealed off, as police are searching for the attacker.
    Police and ambulances are on the scene and rescue helicopters are circling overhead, police spokeswoman Cindy Beer is quoted as saying by Swissinfo.

    The police say the attack is not related to terrorism.

    Swiss police are searching for this man
    Swiss police are searching for this man

    Police have released a picture of the alleged suspect, who is still on the run, but have not named him.

    They have warned that the man, who is about 190cm (6.2ft) tall, with an unkempt appearance, is dangerous.
    Local shops are also shut, and people have been told to avoid the area.

    The police say the alarm was raised at 10:39 local time (08:39 GMT), when an armed man was reported to have entered office buildings in Schaffhausen.

    At a news conference, police said the attacker was believed to be driving a white VW van, and reassured the public that a large number of officers had been deployed in the area.

    Schaffhausen is the capital of the Swiss canton with the same name.
    About 36,000 people live in the historic town.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.