Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    UniAbuja student goes missing

    100-level UniAbuja student goes missing

    February 20, 2026
    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • 100-level UniAbuja student goes missing
    • El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC
    • Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim
    • Mirabel admits lying over rape claim
    • Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack
    • Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 
    • EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin
    • Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Confusion over Dino Melaye’s recall process

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 7, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Senator Dino Melaye is heading for the election tribunal
    Senator Dino Melaye is heading for the election tribunal
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Senator-Dino-Melaye
    Senator Dino Melaye has been recalled by voters from Kogi West constituency

    Contrary to Senator Dino Melaye’s tweet, some Nigerians say the Abuja High Court refused to grant the senator’s quest to stop his recall process.

    Instead the court ordered status quo be maintained and fixed September 29 to hear the suit challenging the recall.

    The confusion is the interpretation of “status quo”. Majority of opinion is that the current process when Melaye approached the court should be maintained.

    This means that INEC which had started the recall process should continue its work.

    Melaye had in his twitter handle insinuated that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had been stopped by the court from continuing the recall process.

    Nigerian who pretended as UK MPs, judges in £10m scam jailed

    According to the tweet, Melaye said: “Thank You Jesus. Status quo should be maintained says Federal High Court Abuja on the fake recall case. Yahaya Bello is a loser.”

    Thank You Jesus. Status quo should be maintained says Federal High Court Abuja on the fake recall case. Yahaya Bello is a loser.

    — Senator Dino Melaye (@dino_melaye) July 6, 2017

    The court presided over by Justice John Tsoho actually rejected Melaye’s motion for a temporary injunction restraining INEC from proceeding with the recall process until the determination of suit challenging his recall.

    The judge ordered parties in the case to “maintain status quo pending the hearing of the motion on notice.

    Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN) argued Melaye’s ex-parte motion.

    The judge adjourned till September 29 hearing of Melaye’s motion on notice and applications filed by three individuals, led by Chief Cornelius Olowo, who applied to be made parties in the suit.

    In the main suit Melaye faulted the recall process, saying it was tainted with political malice and initiated by his political enemies.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    UniAbuja student goes missing

    100-level UniAbuja student goes missing

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    UniAbuja student goes missing

    100-level UniAbuja student goes missing

    February 20, 2026
    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.