Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 
    • EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin
    • Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia
    • SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit
    • NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike
    • ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe
    • Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1
    • When African fans started reading the game like experts
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Troops rescue nine kidnap victims, arrest two suspects in Benue

    David GreatBy David GreatJanuary 18, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Troops of Operation Whirl Stroke, in collaboration with the police and other security agencies, have rescued nine kidnap victims and arrested two suspects in Benue State.

    The Force Commander, OPWS, Maj. Gen. Sunday Igbinomwanhia, disclosed this to journalists on Thursday in Makurdi.

    He said that troops rescued the victims and arrested the suspects during an operation on Tuesday at Owukpa forest in the Ogbadibo Local Government Area of the state.

    Mr. Igbinomwanhia added that the rescued victims comprised eight females and a male.

    He said the operation followed the kidnapping of passengers transiting in a commercial bus along Otukpo-Enugu Road on January 11.

    “During the firefight, the kidnappers fled their hideout due to our superior firepower, abandoning their victims in the process. Some of the items recovered at the scene include one AK 47 rifle and 10 mobile phones. The rescued victims were immediately moved to the Sector Headquarters for First Aid attention, “he said

    • Troops kill 86 terrorists, destroy 60 illegal refineries – DHQ

    He added that the victims were later allowed to proceed to their respective destinations after debriefing.

    Mr Igbinomwahia said the suspects and the items recovered during the raid had been handed over to the police for further action.

    The commander thanked residents for providing the information that led to the discovery of the hideout of the criminals and subsequent rescue of the victims.

    He also urged residents of neighbouring states of Nasarawa and Taraba states to continue to make use of the emergency numbers provided by the command towards providing credible information on suspicious criminal activities for action.

     

    NAN

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    February 20, 2026
    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    February 20, 2026
    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.