Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    May 18, 2026
    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    • Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo
    • Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den
    • IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations
    • Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki
    • ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Fire guts three shops, valuables in Jigawa

    David GreatBy David GreatDecember 2, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Residents burn police station over boy’s death
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Three shops and valuables worth millions of naira were destroyed on Friday by fire at Bakin Kasuwa area in the Hadejia Local Government Area of Jigawa State.

    Spokesman for the state National Security and Civil Defence Corps, DSC Adamu Shehu, confirmed the incident in Dutse on Saturday.

    Mr Shehu said that the inferno razed three shops, a stall and part of a mosque in the area.

    He said, “On Friday at about 10:30 p.m., NSCDC Hadejia divisional office received a distress call about a fire outbreak at Na Mallam Zangi Shopping Complex situated at Bakin Kasuwa, Hadejia main market. A team of disaster response officers were immediately mobilised to the scene to put off the fire and salvage unburnt property and guard against theft.

    “Sadly, at the time of their arrival, the fire had already consumed three phones and accessories shops, a stall and part of a mosque.’’

    • Tinubu’s budget presentation was in flash drive before NASS – Doguwa

    He explained that the exact course of the incident had yet to be ascertained.

    The NSCDC spokesman said that eyewitness, however, claimed that the fire started from a spark from an electrical pole close to one of the shops.

    Mr Shehu said that the inferno was put out by the combined efforts of officials of the NSCDC, fire service, and residents of the area.

    According to him, no causality was recorded in the incident, but property and valuables worth millions of naira were lost.

    NAN

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Alex Otti at a public event as Labour Party announces 2026 primary election timetable and nomination fees

    Otti, Labour Party reject Abure’s 2027 nomination forms sale

    May 18, 2026
    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    May 18, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.