Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen

    Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen

    May 24, 2026
    Pope Leo XIV arrives in Algeria for historic visit promoting interfaith dialogue

    Pope Leo blasts firms profiting from environmental pollution

    May 24, 2026
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen
    • Pope Leo blasts firms profiting from environmental pollution
    • Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark
    • 2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket
    • Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven
    • Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction
    • Kane scores hat-trick as Bayern win German Cup
    • Barcelona thrash Lyon to win fourth Champions League title
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigerian Army now has base in Kafanchan

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 24, 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-General Tukur Buratai
    Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-General Tukur Buratai
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai

    The Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen Tukur Buratai, on Wednesday inaugurated the Army forward operation base in Kafanchan, Kaduna State.

    The base was established to tackle ethno-religious crisis, banditry and cattle rustling in southern Kaduna.

    Buratai said the base was designed to serve as a critical staging area for effective conduct of operation by troops in the Kafanchan general area.

    ”We intend to consolidate on the efforts so far achieved in curtailing cattle rustling, clashes between farmers and herdsmen, banditry, ethno-religious crisis and other criminalities in the general area.

    “It is our hope this facility would serve as a firm Base for the furtherance of various operation along the axis,” he said.

    The Army chief said recurring clashes in southern Kaduna and environs has been of great concern to government and security agencies.

    ”Consequently based on the threat perception, the NA ORBAT 2016 recommended the establishment of an Infantry battalion to be sited in Kafanchan.

    ”The Army Headquarters decided to establish a forward operation base which will form the nucleus upon which the future unit will be created and expanded as provided for in the NA ORBAT 2016.”

    The News Agency of Nigeria [NAN] reports that the Chief of Army Staff was represented by Maj-Gen Abdulrasheed Yusuf, the Commander, Training and Doctrine Command.

    The COAS tasked the troops to remain vigilant and make effective use of available facilities to conduct deep operation and ensure that bandits hiding in the area were flushed out.

    “I reaffirm our unalloyed loyalty and support of President Muhammadu Buhari and the Acting President Prof Yemi Osinbajo for their interest and untiring support to the Nigerian Army and its activities.” Buratai said.

    Also speaking, Gov. Nasiru El-Rufi’a of Kaduna State, said his administration would partner the Army and other security agencies to fight crime in the state.

    The governor was represented by Yakubu Soja, Chairman of the state special security outfit, Operation Yaki.

    The Emir of Jema’a, Muhammad Isa commended the federal and state governments on effort to ensure security in the area.

    ”I appeal to citizens to give the security agencies maximum support to achieve peace in the area,” the emir said.

    Also, the paramount ruler of Kagoma Chiefdom, Mr Paul Zakka said peace was necessary for development and progress.

    “We thank President Buhari in his effort to bring peace to Nigeria and Kaduna state.

    “The traditional institutions in southern Kaduna are committed to peace,” he said.

    NAN report that construction at the base commenced on Feb. 15, 2017 and was completed on May 15.

    The Forward Base barrack comprises officers and soldiers accommodation area.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen

    Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    Nigerian troops during Operation Hadin Kai patrol operations in the North-East region.

    Troops rescue abducted 8-year-old child, kill terrorists in North-East operations

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen

    Three Kwara worshippers killed, 15 abducted by gunmen

    May 24, 2026
    Pope Leo XIV arrives in Algeria for historic visit promoting interfaith dialogue

    Pope Leo blasts firms profiting from environmental pollution

    May 24, 2026
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.