Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    May 19, 2026
    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    May 19, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation
    • EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede
    • We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot
    • Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation
    • AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit
    • Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI
    • Togo grants visa-free entry to all African citizens
    • Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NIS apprehends 303 irregular migrant suspects in Akwa Ibom

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 23, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    FG gives foreigners with expired visas until August 1 to leave Nigeria
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) says it has apprehended 303 suspected irregular migrants in the Uyo metropolis during a mop-up exercise in Akwa Ibom.

    The Comptroller of Immigration Service in Akwa Ibom Command, Mrs. Francisca Dakat made this known while addressing newsmen after the mop-up in Uyo on Saturday.

    Dakat said that of the 303 irregular migrants apprehended 285 were adults and 18 were minors.

    She said that the exercise was in line with the service directives that non-Nigerians should not participate in the forthcoming general election.

    She said that before the exercise, the command had earlier carried out a sensitization workshop for all non-Nigerian residents in the state.

    • Nigerian migrants that arrived in Spain on ship rudder seek asylum

    ”The mop-up, which took place in the Uyo metropolis, will be a continuous exercise and will be extended to all the 31 Local Government Areas of the state.

    ”The 303 suspected irregular migrants were profiled and 203 were confirmed Nigeriens while 100 were handed to their community leaders,” Dakat said.

    She urged non-national residents in the state and those who visited for business or leisure purposes, to obtain valid travel documents, to prevent running foul of immigration laws.

    The comptroller warned non-Nigerians against participating directly or indirectly in the forthcoming general election, stressing that culprits would be punished accordingly.

    She commended the state government and other security agencies for their support to ensure the success of the mop-up.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    May 19, 2026
    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    May 19, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    May 19, 2026
    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.