Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Four dead in helicopters collision in Australia

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 2, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Private jet overshot the Ibadan airport runway
    A Summit Air Let L-410 Turbolet aircraft bound for Kathmandu is seen after it hit two helicopters during take off at Lukla airport, the main gateway to the Everest region
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Queensland Police say initial investigations suggest the crash happened as one aircraft was taking off and the other was landing.

    Those who died were travelling in the same helicopter. Three other passengers are in a critical condition.

    Five of the six people on the other aircraft, which made an emergency landing, suffered minor injuries.

    Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said the country had been left shocked by the “terrible and tragic incident”.

    “My thoughts are with all those affected, including first responders, and my deepest sympathies are with those who are grieving,” he said.

    • Insecurity: NASENI to begin production of missiles, helicopters and vests

     

    The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) is investigating the collision, which happened at about 14:00 local time (04:00 GMT).

    The two aircraft came down near a tourist strip known as Main Beach, about 75km (47 miles) south of Brisbane.

    Gary Worrell of the Queensland Police Service said: “It’s a difficult scene, Due to the area it’s located, on the sand bank, it was difficult to gain access, to get our emergency services to the scene to manage it appropriately.”

    The other helicopter has the popular marine park’s logo on its fuselage and appears to have made an emergency landing after the collision.

    Mr Worrell said members of the public and police had tried to remove passengers from the aircraft and performed first aid on the injured.

    According to the Seaworld website the park offers sightseeing helicopter flights for tourists, as well as carrying out other charter operations.

    Seaworld Drive, the main access road to the marine park, has been closed to traffic by local police.

    ATSB chief commissioner Angus Mitchell asked eyewitnesses who saw the collision or the helicopters in flight to contact investigators.

    A preliminary report will be made public in the next six to eight weeks, with a final report to follow once the investigation is complete, he added.

    Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk called the incident an “unthinkable tragedy” and said her “deepest sympathies are with each of the families and everyone affected by this terrible accident”.

    The Gold Coast region is currently in its peak tourist season, with children on their summer breaks.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.