Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara
    • Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria
    • 10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner
    • Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike
    • Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat
    • Barcelona get dominant 3-1 win against Alaves
    • Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds
    • BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, November 30
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    $9.7m: Court strikes out Andrew Yakubu’s suit

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 28, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Former NNPC MD sues EFCC, CBN for withholding his $9.8m
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Andrew Yakubu’s human rights suit has fallen through

    The Federal High Court, Abuja, has struck out the breach of fundamental human rights suit instituted by former NNPC Group Managing Director, Andrew Yakubu against the EFCC.

    This followed an application by Mr Adeola Adedipe, Yakubu’s counsel, to withdraw the suit.

    Adedipe told the court that his application was due to the prevailing circumstances, particularly since his client had been charged to court and admitted to bail.

    “We consider it necessary to discontinue with this suit, we have served the notice on all the parties and they are not opposed to our application.”

    Mrs Rita Ogar and Mr T.A. Agbe, counsel to the EFCC and Attorney-General of the Federation, who are first and second respondents in the suit respectively did not oppose the application.

    The judge, Justice Ahmed Mohammed said since none of the parties opposed the application, the prayer was granted as prayed and he struck out the suit.

    Yakubu had been detained by the EFCC over allegations of non-disclosure of assets, fraud and money laundering to the tune of $9.7 million.

    He approached the court with a breach of fundamental human rights suit, challenging his continued detention without being charged to court.

    But before the matter could be determined, the EFCC arraigned him on a six-count charge bordering on non-disclosure of assets, money laundering and fraud charges to which he pleaded not guilty.

    He was admitted to N300 million bail and the case was adjourned till May 9 for commencement of trial.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    November 29, 2025
    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.