Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy
    • INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable
    • Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 
    • Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0
    • Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    N25billion ETF: Lagos proposes 900,000 Jobs by 2019

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 31, 2016No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos

    The Lagos State Government through the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) on Friday distributed offer letters to some of the beneficiaries of the pilot scheme of the N25 billion Employment Trust Fund (ETF), with a pledge to create at least 300, 000 direct and 600, 000 indirect jobs by 2019 through the initiative.

    Speaking at the distribution ceremony, Executive Secretary of LSETF, Mr. Akin Oyebode said the award of the offer letters was in fulfillment of one of the cardinal promises of the Governor Akinwunmi Ambode-led administration to set up a fund to drive the growth of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in recognition of their critical role as the engine of growth and leading creator of jobs in any economy.

    Oyebode, who said the award of the offer letters was also an eloquent testimony of the readiness of the State Government to support the thriving youths and residents of the State, said a total of 1,000 MSMEs have been earmarked to benefit from the pilot scheme, out of which 281 micro enterprises have so far been approved.

    He said out of those approved, 150 beneficiaries have collected their offer letters, while the process for approval for others in the pilot scheme is ongoing.

    To ensure transparency and unbiased process, Oyebode said the LSETF engaged partners to help with the selection, verification and disbursement of the loans to beneficiaries.

    “These partners include Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) who verified all the applications and audit the processes.

    Others include organizations such as the Fate Foundation, LEAP Africa, Nigerian Association of Small Scale Industrialists (NASSI), Women in Management, Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ), National Automobile Technicians Association (NATA) and Cooperative Societies, who provided applicants for the pilot scheme through their membership,” Oyebode said.

    He added that application process is still ongoing and that once completed, a full list of beneficiaries would be made available to the public.

    While disclosing details of the loan, Oyebode said the beneficiaries of the micro enterprise pilot scheme were given loan approval ranging from N300, 000 to N500, 000, with an annual five percent interest rate, which is the lowest anywhere in the country.

    He said the LSETF was in the process of rolling out the N5million SME loan programme which will provide fund for the sector for up to two years, adding that the N6.25billion to be disbursed annually through the ETF has already been approved.

    Besides, Oyebode expressed gratitude to all stakeholders for their support so far, and expressed readiness for greater cooperation in the coming months and years.

    Responding, one of the beneficiaries, Mr. Chike Charles Obi expressed appreciation to the State Government, especially Governor Ambode for fulfilling his promise, saying that most of them did not initially believe that the offer was real, but just applied.

    He said the development was a confirmation that Governor Ambode has brought real change to governance, and thanked the LSETF for being transparent and unbiased especially in choosing the beneficiaries.

    Another beneficiary, Mrs. Modupe Shukurat Alausa urged her co-beneficiaries to encourage government by using the fund for the purpose meant. She also thanked Governor Ambode for running an all inclusive government.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Barcelona narrowly defeated Real Madrid in a five-goal clash to claim consecutive Spanish Super Cup titles in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0

    February 22, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.