Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    • Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo
    • Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack
    • US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism
    • Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Kaduna: Number of kidnapped students rises to 39

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 13, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Nine more students than originally thought are missing after gunmen stormed a forestry college in northwest Nigeria earlier this week, a government official in Nigeria’s Kaduna state said on Saturday.

    The revision brings the total number of missing students to 39 following Thursday’s nighttime raid on the Federal College of Forestry Mechanization, the fourth mass school abduction in northern Nigeria since December.

    Samuel Aruwan, Kaduna state’s security commissioner, said the missing comprised of 23 females and 16 males.

    “The Kaduna state government is maintaining close communication with the management of the college as efforts are sustained by security agencies towards the tracking of the missing students,” Aruwan said.

    The armed gang broke into the school in Kaduna state, located on the outskirts of Kaduna city near a military academy, at around 11:30 p.m. (2230 GMT) on Thursday.

    • Gunmen invade Kaduna College, abduct female students

    Aruwan said on Friday that the army rescued 180 people after a distress call in the early morning hours.

    Kaduna city is the capital of Kaduna state, part of a region where attacks by gangs of armed men, referred to as bandits, have festered for years.

    Military and police attempts to tackle the gangs have had little success, while many worry that state authorities are making the situation worse by letting kidnappers go unpunished, paying them off or providing incentives.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    Terrorists abduct nine Catholic church worshippers in Benue

    Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon

    Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    February 15, 2026
    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.