Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    February 18, 2026
    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo
    • Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised
    • Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage
    • Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau
    • Vinicius, racism and Mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 
    • Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026
    • Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son
    • Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    2027: Baba-Ahmed denies declaring to run for president

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJanuary 9, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments
    Datti Baba-Ahmed, former Labour Party vice-presidential candidate
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Datti Baba-Ahmed, the Labour Party’s former vice-presidential candidate, has refuted claims that he declared his intention to run for president in 2027.

    Speaking on Channels Television on Friday, Baba-Ahmed emphasized that his remarks had been misconstrued, emphasizing that no such announcement was made.

    “I never declared to contest the presidency two days ago,” he said.

    According to him, his recent public statements were restricted to reaffirming his membership in the Labour Party amidst escalating political debates regarding the party’s future direction and major personalities.

    He admitted that, while political opportunities may arise in the future, no statement or decision has been made at this moment.

    The clarification comes after numerous media and social media rumors suggested that Baba-Ahmed was preparing for a presidential bid ahead of the next general election.

    The claims provoked controversy among supporters and political analysts, with many seeing his statements as a sign of ambition.

    Explaining further, Baba-Ahmed said, “Two days ago, what I did was simply say that I remain in the Labour Party. I never declared to contest the presidency, even though there could be a possibility of that happening. I certainly did not declare for the presidency. I reiterated my membership in the Labour Party, and that is all.”

    He said that any statement of interest would be subject to the Independent National Electoral Commission’s timetable and the party’s internal procedures.

    “The submission I made was that one will have to wait for the INEC timetable and for the party to make the call for people to indicate their interest. I did not declare,” he said.

    Baba-Ahmed also condemned the role of social media in amplifying misinformation, urging professional media organizations to ensure accuracy.

    “It is unfortunate that social media can be so sensational, putting out wrong narratives to emotional listeners. I believe formal media like yours should serve as filters and barriers so that the general public can always consume the correct information,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 

    Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100 per dollar in 2026

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026

    You have a spiritual problem – Wike blasts Amaechi over property claims

    Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    Two killed, five injured in APC ward congress in Ondo

    February 18, 2026
    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    Gas leak in Plateau mine kills 37, others hospitalised

    February 18, 2026
    Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State has approved 50 Christians from the state to embark on a holy pilgrimage, ending an 11-year suspension of the program.

    Kaduna ends El-Rufai’s ban, approves 50 Christians for pilgrimage

    February 18, 2026
    Troops nab 25 suspected bandits, kidnappers along Benue highway 

    Troops rescue victim, kill five kidnappers in Plateau

    February 18, 2026
    Vinicius, racism and mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson

    Vinicius, racism and Mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.