Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Vinicius, racism and mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson

    Vinicius, racism and mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 

    February 18, 2026
    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100 per dollar in 2026

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026

    February 18, 2026
    You have a spiritual problem – Wike blasts Amaechi over property claims

    Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Vinicius, racism and mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 
    • Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026
    • Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son
    • Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again
    • EFCC extends El-Rufai detention over N432bn corruption probe
    • Aiyedatiwa denies role in APC chairman attack in Ondo
    • Saraki preaches peace, distributes food during Ramadan in Kwara
    • Traditional rulers urge Tinubu to free Nnamdi Kanu over south-east tensions
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    12 soldiers, vigilantes killed by ISWAP terrorists in Borno

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 25, 2021No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    ISWAP claims killing of Brigadier General Uba after Borno ambush Nigeria
    Boko Haram terrorists have been oppressing civilians in Nigeria for over a decade
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    At least twelve soldiers and local vigilantes have been reportedly killed by fighters of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) in Borno.

    According to a report by PR Nigeria, the troops were ambushed around Ala village located between Marte-Dikwa town.

    It was gathered that the assailants had planted improvised explosive devices (IED) before-hand which exploded on contact, after which the terrorists opened fire on the convoy.

    The military convoy was  said to be escorting soldiers that were granted leave to pass from the Marte unit.

    • FG will not expose sponsors of Boko Haram/ISWAP – Femi Adesina

    The attack occurred the same day troops repelled ISWAP at a military base in Malam Fatori in Borno and Babangida community in Yobe.

    Boko Haram fighters

    Following the mass surrender of Boko Haram fighters in the North east, it is perceived that ISWAP has been trying to exert its authority in Sambisa forest.

    Reports say that the ISWAP fighters are led by Aboubacar Oucacha Fiya.

    The latest attack comes few hours after the Federal Government of Nigeria adamantly refused to publish the names of those directly sponsoring terrorist attacks in the North east, despite being revealed by the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

    Recall, Chronicle Ng had reported that Femi Adesina said the Federal Government will not expose the sponsors of Boko Haram/ISWAP in Nigeria.

    Adesina said that rather than naming and shaming them, the Buhari-administration’s focus is to prosecute them.

    The President’s media aide stated this following the revelation of a report by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) that six Nigerians were direct sponsors of Boko Haram/ISWAP activities in the country.

    The UAE disclosed the identities of the suspects on Monday September 13, 2021.

    The Nigerians listed include: Abdurrahaman Ado Musa, Salihu Yusuf Adamu, Bashir Ali Yusuf, Muhammed Ibrahim Isa, Ibrahim Ali Alhassan and Surajo Abubakar Muhammad.

    gunmen banditThe above mentioned individuals had been previously tried and sentenced in the Middle Eastern country.

    Adesina stated this during an interview on Channels Television on Monday.

    “Naming and shaming won’t be the motive. Rather, bringing malefactors to justice would be it. Nigeria is not interested in naming and shaming anybody. Rather, it wants to bring them to justice.

    “You will see that the United Arab Emirates has given some names, and the attorney-general of the federation has responded to that matter, saying that in due course, all these people will have their days in court.

    “Rest assured that these people will be dragged before justice and justice will have its way,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100 per dollar in 2026

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026

    You have a spiritual problem – Wike blasts Amaechi over property claims

    Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son

    Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again

    Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    EFCC extends El-Rufai detention over N432bn corruption probe

    Ondo NLC writes Aiyedatiwa, demands N256,950 minimum wage

    Aiyedatiwa denies role in APC chairman attack in Ondo

    Nigeria's Senate President Bukola Saraki says his life is in danger

    Saraki preaches peace, distributes food during Ramadan in Kwara

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Vinicius, racism and mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson

    Vinicius, racism and mourinho’s hideous reaction, by Bamidele Johnson 

    February 18, 2026
    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100 per dollar in 2026

    Dangote predicts Naira at N1,100/dollar in 2026

    February 18, 2026
    You have a spiritual problem – Wike blasts Amaechi over property claims

    Wike berates Amaechi over NASS protest appearance with doctor son

    February 18, 2026
    Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again

    Residents flee to Benin Republic as terrorists invade Niger again

    February 18, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    EFCC extends El-Rufai detention over N432bn corruption probe

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.